- Creson T, Rojas C, Hwaun E, Vaissiere T, Kilinc M, Jimenez-Gomez A, Holder JL Jr, Tang J, Colgin LL, Miller CA, Rumbaugh G. Re-expression of SynGAP protein in adulthood improves translatable measures of brain function and behavior. eLife, 2019, 8. pii: e46752. https://elifesciences.org/articles/46752
- Mishra A, Colgin LL. The High Energy Cost of Theta-Gamma Activity during REM Sleep. Trends Neurosci. 2019, 42(4):239-241.
- Trimper JB, Colgin LL. Spike time synchrony in the absence of continuous oscillations. Neuron, 2018, 100(3):527-529.
- Mably AJ, Colgin LL. Gamma oscillations in cognitive disorders. Current Opinion in Neurobiology, 2018, 52:182-187.
- Gereke BJ, Mably AJ, Colgin LL. Experience-Dependent Trends in CA1 Theta and Slow Gamma Rhythms in Freely Behaving Mice. Journal of Neurophysiology, 2018, 119:476-489.
- Mably AJ, Gereke BJ, Jones DT, Colgin LL. Impairments in spatial representations and rhythmic coordination of place cells in the 3xTg mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease. Hippocampus, 2017, 27:378-392.
- Hsiao Y-T, Zheng C, Colgin LL. Slow gamma rhythms in CA3 are entrained by slow gamma activity in the dentate gyrus. Journal of Neurophysiology, 116(6):2594-2603.
- Zheng C, Bieri KW, Hwaun E, Colgin LL. Fast gamma rhythms in the hippocampus promote encoding of novel-object place pairings, eNeuro, 2016.
- Colgin LL. Rhythms of the Hippocampal Network, Nature Reviews Neuroscience, 2016, 17:239-249.
- Zheng C, Bieri KW, Hsiao Y, Colgin LL. Spatial sequence coding differs during slow and fast gamma rhythms in the hippocampus, Neuron, 2016, 89(2):398-408.
- Zheng C and Colgin LL. Beta and gamma rhythms go with the flow, Neuron, 2015, 85(2): 236-237.
- Zheng C, Bieri KW, Trettel SG, Colgin LL. The relationship between gamma frequency and running speed differs for slow and fast gamma rhythms in freely behaving rats, Hippocampus, 2015, 25(8): 924-938.
- Colgin LL. Do slow and fast gamma correspond to distinct functional states in the hippocampal network?, Brain Research, 2015, 1621: 309-315.
- Colgin LL. Theta-gamma coupling in the entorhinal-hippocampal system, Curr Opin Neurobiol, 2015, 31: 45-50. http://www.sciencedirect.com/
- Bieri KW, Bobbitt KN, Colgin LL. Slow and fast gamma rhythms coordinate different spatial coding modes in hippocampal place cells, Neuron, 2014, 82(3): 670-681.
- Igarashi KM, Lu L, Colgin LL, Moser MB, Moser EI. Coordination of entorhinal-hippocampal ensemble activity during associative learning. Nature, 2014, 510(7503): 143-147.
- Colgin LL. Mechanisms and functions of theta rhythms. Annual Review of Neuroscience, 2013, 36: 295-312.
- Colgin LL. Slow gamma takes the reins in replay. Neuron, 2012, 75(4):549-550.
- Colgin LL. Neuroscience: Periodicity without rhythmicity. Nature, 2011, 479(7371):46-47.
- Colgin LL. Oscillations and hippocampal-prefrontal synchrony. Curr Opin Neurobiol, 2011, 21(3): 467-474.
Neuronal Representations of Space and Spatial Memory
- Trettel SG, Trimper JB, Hwaun E, Fiete IR, Colgin LL. Grid cell co-activity patterns during sleep reflect spatial overlap of grid fields during active behavior, Nature Neuroscience. 2019, 22(4):609-617. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41593-019-0359-6
- Hwaun E, Colgin LL. CA3 place cells that represent a novel experience are preferentially reactivated during sharp wave-ripples in subsequent sleep, Hippocampus. 2019, 29(10):921-938. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/hipo.23090
- Trimper JB, Trettel SG, Hwaun E, Colgin LL. Methodological Caveats in the Detection of Coordinated Replay between Place Cells and Grid Cells. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience, 2017, 11(57):1-14. http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnsys.2017.00057/full
- Zheng C and Colgin LL. A neuronal mechanism for recall of bad events. Nature Neuroscience, 2017, 20:501-503.
- Alexander GM, Farris S, Pirone JR, Zheng C, Colgin LL, Dudek SM. Social and novel contexts modify hippocampal CA2 representations of space, Nature Communications, 2016, 7:10300.
- Colgin LL. Neuroscience: Recalling Space and Time. Science, 2012, 336(6082):671.