The Preston Lab is recruiting a full-time lab coordinator with a start date in summer 2023. The lab uses behavioral and brain imaging techniques to explore how children, adolescents, and adults form new memories, remember past events, and how their memory for the past influences what they learn in the present. We are particularly interested in how the ability to acquire new knowledge impacts other cognitive behaviors such as reasoning, decision making, imagination, and future planning.
You will play a major role in experiment development and implementation and receive training in advanced neuroimaging methods. The primary responsibilities will be the management of behavioral and neuroimaging studies of memory in participants aged 4-95 years. Daily responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and scheduling of child, adolescent, and adult participants
- Behavioral and brain imaging data collection
- Data processing and management for grant reporting
- Training of undergraduate students
- General administration of lab finances and IRB protocols
- BA/BS in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science or a related field.
- Previous research experience, preferably with behavioral and/or neuroscientific techniques (MRI, EEG, etc.).
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills to recruit, work with, and retain families through our participant pool at the Children’s Research Center at UT Austin.
- Ability to work independently, but also work collaboratively with PhD students and postdoctoral researchers.
- Flexibility in evening and weekend availability for data collection and outreach events.
- At least 1-year experience working in a research lab with children and/or adolescents.
- Familiarity with software packages used for experimental administration and data management (e.g., MATLAB, Python) or the ability/willingness to learn how to use these platforms in experimental settings.
For more information about the lab: http://clm.utexas.edu/preston/
To apply, email a CV/resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Dr. Alison Preston at email@example.com with the subject line “Lab Coordinator Application – your name”. Full consideration will be given to applications received by 3/17/23.