The Preston Lab is recruiting a full-time project coordinator with a start date in summer 2022. The lab uses behavioral and brain imaging techniques to explore how children, adolescents, and adults form new memories, remember past events, and how their memory for the past influences what they learn in the present. We are particularly interested in how the ability to acquire new knowledge impacts other cognitive behaviors such as reasoning, decision making, imagination, and future planning.
You will play a major role in experiment implementation and data collection and receive training in advanced neuroimaging methods. The primary responsibilities will be the management of behavioral and neuroimaging studies of memory in participants aged 4-95 years. Daily responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and scheduling of child, adolescent, and adult participants
- Behavioral and brain imaging data collection
- BA/BS in Psychology, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or a related field
- Previous research experience, preferably with behavioral and/or fMRI techniques
- Well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills to work with families at the Children’s Research Center at UT Austin
- Ability to work independently, but also working collaboratively with PhD students and postdoctoral researchers
- Flexibility in evening and weekend availability for data collection and outreach events
- Minimum commitment of one year
- At least 1-year experience working in a research lab with children and/or adolescents
- Programming skills (e.g., MATLAB, Python) or the ability/willingness to acquire these skills
To apply, email a CV/resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to Dr. Alison Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted by 5/13/22 will receive full consideration.